Sunday, January 13, 2013

Easy homemade bread

Well, for months I have debated whether to invest in a bread machine, or not. I do not eat a lot of bread so I didn't want to buy one and let it collect dust. However, I would like a fresh loaf every now and again. So, as I was surfing the web with my good friend google, I came across a complete box kit for beginners (like me) to try before attempting the real deal. This kit can be used in a bread machine or as no knead oven directions. It contains the premix and yeast so all you have to do is add water, mix, cover top of bowl with a warm damp cloth and let rise for 2 hours. Simple enough, huh.. Then after it rises, let it sit uncovered for 40 minutes, dust the top with flour, cut a cross on the top of dough (to vent while baking) and place on cookie sheet. Now you're ready to bake at 450 degrees for 21-23 minutes (or until dark brown and firm to touch as the box states). The directions were super easy to follow and I was pretty impressed with how good it came out so I thought I would share in case there was anyone else out there interested in trying it out, too. I ended up drizzling it with evoo and bread dipping seasoning on top.





No comments:

Post a Comment