Sunday, January 13, 2013

Easy D.I.Y oatmeal to go

Every morning before my husband and I rush to school or work, we usually don't get a nutritious breakfast. I decided to look around for fast and easy meals to take on the go. Oatmeal came to mind first. Yes, I know they have pre made packs at the store, but who wants to pay $3-4 buck a box for 8? Now, I have to admit, I did not originally come up with this idea, but will definitely repost my version for others since it was an awesome idea. I pre-package 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1/4 cup of brown sugar in individual zip lock baggies and that's it. Now I can pour it in a bowl, add some water ( suggested 1 cup but can add less or more for preference) and eat something healthy and quick. I love this because it saves time at home or I can take it to work or school to eat. And I get more bang for my buck. I like to leave little notes on my husbands bags :)


No comments:

Post a Comment